Some Great Ideas For A Dissertation Project On Fashion
When you are in the process of writing a good title for a fashion dissertation, you always want come up with something that will do justice to your hard work and clearly inform the reader what your document is all about. It also needs to have some sort of hook or a unique element that reflects your personality and interests in this topic. This comes a lot easier for some than it does for others, so we’ve created a list of 11 great ideas you can use as inspiration when developing your own title:
- The History of Fashion and Gender Identification in the Professional World: How men’s clothing preferences of the mid-19th century helped inspire the clothing preferences of women in today’s world.
- Modern Gods: How the music artists of the last century have shaped fashion in the modern world. Are designers inspired more by musicians or are they using musicians to market their designs for consumers?
- The forgotten world of fashion marketing. Dissertation topics in the last half-century emphases on the design and consume industry, and the unjustified forgetting of the marketing “middle man.”
- Fashion materials from around the world: A history of how local culture finds inspiration from materials that have come from different countries and how it’s all woven an integrated fabric of human society.
- Suburban War in the Fashion World: How particular demographics identify and separate themselves from surrounding groups through the use of fashion. The simple ways marketing agencies succeed in creating divisiveness.
- The fuel that powers the movement: The marketing industry’s role in promoting fashion trends in each age group and how young consumers are specifically targeted to become lifetime conduits driving the economy of fashion.
- Fashion in a fair world: How fashion would be affected if there were no poverty stricken nations to provide materials and manufacture clothing items. Would practicality defeat the name brand empires altogether.
- Fashion 102: How today’s students of fashion are discouraged to use creativity in the wake of so many brand name and successful designers. Should students aspire for success or aspire to stand apart from industry giants.
- The effects of fashion on pre-teens: Understanding the psychological impact that fashion has in affecting the way young people form social bonds with others in their surrounding society. Are fashion trends harmful to their growth?
- The role of fashion police: How do so-called “fashion police” experts shape the way marketers present their clients’ clothing to the public? Is there such a thing as special interests fashion lobbying?
- Through different lenses: How would fashion designers of yesteryear view today’s looks? What does this say about the way today’s designers will look at the trends of the future?
You are encouraged to use any of the above fashion dissertation titles suggestions as inspiration or you can choose one from the list for your own project. Just be sure you write on something that speaks to your personal interests in the field and you’ll have an easier time writing a document that wows any review committee.